Friday, September 17, 2010


Since Coco Bean is feeling much better (and The Girls are starting to smell a little ripe) i decided it was time for them to have a bath. However, since this IS Coco Beans Blog, i will let her take over again. But before i do, i want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your warm wishes and support. I (and Coco Bean) could not have made it this last week without you all.

Hi ya'll! Its me Coco Bean! I'm back and almost back to my healthy self thanks to you and the Power of the Paw!

Since mommy didnt have any help bathing us, we were unable to take photos of us getting our bath, but mommy WAS able to get photos of us right afterward!

Now, if you haven't noticed, Mommy's bed is very tall and you are probably wondering how we get up onto the bed. Well, Usually Mommy puts a chair next to the bed so we can get up and down easily. But, Mommy moved the chair for a little bit and when mommy turned around, Godiva was on the bed with Truffle and I.Mommy was curious as well as entertained by our after baff shenanigans and i told he i wanted a video of us playing on the bloggy so that you all could see that I and my sisters were doing well and while she was video taping us, (towards the end of the video) you will see Little Lady Godiva amaze us all with something we NEVER thought we would see... Make sure that you watch the video till the end so that you can be amazed too!

There is something that has happened that i really feel should be shared with you all. well, actually there are LOTS of things to share, but i feel that this is a very important one. 4 months ago my mommy's daddy had to take "Chocolate" his chocolate lab to the vet so that he could go to the rainbow bridge. This is a picture of our Grandpa and "Chocolate"
Chocolate was 15 years old and it was his time to go run free at the rainbow bridge with Pasko my mommy's Rottweiler (who's eyes are welled up with tears right now because i mentioned Pasko). Our grandpa was very sad and wanted another dog, but wanted the "right" dog and asked my mommy for help.

Mommy agreed, but told grandpa that it would take some time. Almost 3 months later mommy went to the pet store on a whim to buy us some surprise presents (she does this sometimes) and there happened to be a doggy adoption fair that was being hosted by "Furry Friends Rescue". Mommy thought what the heck, lets see what kind of dogs they have here today and that was when she saw him...His name was "Yasu". He was a Chihuahua/Dachshund mix who was 4-5 years old and weighed 12 pounds.Mommy called grandpa and before she could finish the sentence Grandpa was already running to the car to drive 20 miles to where my mommy was to see this little dog. Grandpa FELL IN LOVE with Yasu immediately! There was only one problem; another family had already filled out the application for Yasu one week prior and was supposed to be coming to see him to take him home. the adoption fair was over at 4:30 and they said that if the family did not show up, than Grandpa would be able to have a home inspection on Saturday!

So Grandpa waited with my mommy for three hours...and the family never came. Furry Friends Rescue told my grandpa that they would call him on Sunday to do a home inspection and to meet all the family, and if he passes, than he will be able to adopt Yasu!

All day Sunday grandpa waited and waited and did not get a call until 8:30PM when grandpa's phone made a noise and notified him that he had a voicemail. It was furry Friends Rescue! for some reason grandpa's phone was sending calls straight to voicemail so they had to leave a message but the message had been left in the afternoon and it was too late for an inspection. So they made arrangements to do a home inspection for Monday morning and 30 minutes into the home inspection/interview grandpa was approved to take home Yasu!

But Yasu's adoption family was in the same city as me and my mommy and grandpa lives 20 miles away so Mommy offered to meet grandpa right off the freeway and show him how to get to the house where Yasu was living.

Yasu was very shy and timid. He had been in 4 different foster homes in 3 months. It is very obvious that Yasu's original owners were not good to him, but Yasu has warmed up and recognize that he is now in his forever home. He is amazing to walk on a leash too...he never walks ahead or behind you and stops at every corner and looks up at whomever is walking him for his next direction. He is SUCH a joy to be around. He LOVES me and my sisters and LOVES to be on a humans lap all the time!

Grandpa calls my mommy almost every day since he got Yasu and thanks her for finding him such an amazing dog. Grandpa takes Yasu to work with him every day, and even takes him into business meetings at customers offices! He's practically become the business mascot!

Thats all for now friends...and don't forget to kiss your humans!

Tail Wiggles & Puppy Kisses,

Coco The Princess


Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Thanks fur sharing the story of Yasu HERE!

What a khutie - and lukhky pup!


Fred said...

You all are too funny after your baths!!! So glad you are feeling better, and that is a pawsome story about Yasu!!!

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Oh my dogness, what Godiva did was AMAZING!! What a smart doggie she is to think of that and also very athletic too....we's are thinking she should be in the Olympics!

Yasu is such a cuuuuuuuuteeee dog! We are furry grateful that he has a loving forever home with Grandpa!

Waggles & Chi kisses, Chewy & Lilibell

Lacy said...

w00fs, glad u feeling better did me seed a flying dog on dat video? that was sooo cool u finder grandpaw a doggie and from a rescue....

b safe,

Lorenza said...

My mouth is wide open after watching Lady Godiva doing that! Amazing!
I am sure your Grandpa is enjoying Yasu a lot!
Glad everything went well and now he is part of the family!
Take care
Kisses and hugs

The Animal Doctor said...

Awww what a beautiful story about Yasu's adoption. Thanks for sharing this, Coco. :)

P.s You and your sissies look like youre having a wild time in your Mommy's bed hehehe

lovelots, Scarlet

Anonymous said...

OOOOOhhhhh Coco you all look so very clean after your baths! I like Mom's bed too, it is much nicer than mine, so Mom shares it with me!

That is fantastic about Yasu! Woo woo another pup found a furever home!

woo woos, Tessa

Oskar said...

What an awesome story! I hate bathtime.

Guess what? My mom person & I have created a new blog at

We'd love it if you would come over and check it out & become a member. It's a great new place for pet bloggers to find each other, and get an opportunity to be a featured blog!

Nubbin wiggles,

Draco and his Mom said...

It is sad that your grandpas dog was ready to go to the rainbow bridge...humans want us to live forever and sometimes we just get tired. How exciting about the new pupster. Your grandpa will have so much love to share with him.

kissa-bull said...

that shtory was so touchin . we loved it !!!

pibble sugars
the pittie pack

our condolences on your baff's

Rambo said...

Coco Bean, you was sick???? And I didn't get to cross my paws for you!! What happened?? I'm glad you're feeling better.
Baftime stinks! I hate it. As a matter of fact, that word is not in my vocabulary.
Stay well pretty girl.oxox

Sharon said...

haha! we loved watching the girls playing on the bed. Dobby loves bouncing all over the fluffy covers first thing in the morning to wake me up. And that is one heck of a jump!

<3 S and D