Sunday, September 12, 2010

UPDATE: Coco The Princess can come home

i of course couldnt wait till 10am to call the vet so i called at 9:05am (can you blame me?) i was told that Coco Bean's blood work had come back but i needed to wait to get a hold of the doctor on the phone so that he could go over the results, and she would call me back.

While this was a totally justifiable response, i still had questions, and i just couldn't wait till the doctor was in to have those questions answered. I needed to know how she did last night, did she eat anything, did she pooble or weeble!? Please for the love of ANYTHING tell me SOMETHING! The girl was very kind and told me that Coco Bean had eaten a couple of nibbles of her food, she had in fact weebled and poobled a little bit. I wanted to know if it was a nice firm pooble or was it still bad poobles (am i a mom or what!?). the girl could not tell me though as she did not know that much detail but promised she would call me back.

at 9:59am my phone rang and it was Alta View. I could not have answered the phone faster if there had been a fire under my butt! I was told that Coco Bean's liver values were high and that she has an infection in her intestine. We do not know how Coco Bean got an infection in her little intestine. She had spoken to the vet and he said that if Coco Bean had eaten and ws drinking water, she could go home.

I pulled up in front of Alta View within 15 minutes of getting this call. The girl gave me a copy of the blood work and put the vet on the phone for me. We do not know how Coco Bean got an infection in her intestine. His only guess dates back to when she was a wee little puppy and she was sold to me WAY before she was old enough to be separated from her mother. Coco Beans Mommy was so emaciated that she was not able to breast feed her puppies. puppies get their anti-bodies and immune systems from their mommy's milk. Coco Bean was not so fortunate and never got those anti-bodies cause her mommy wasn't able to feed her puppies. As a result, Coco Bean has a weakened immune system and is susceptible to getting sick easily.

As i waited for them to bring Coco Bean out to me, i looked at the wall of fame and adoptable fur-kidsAnd then it happened...the tech brought my precious little Coco Bean out to me. I was SO happy, i cried. I couldnt help it...i was just SO happy to see my baby, and to see her little perky tail wagging. I paid for her antibiotics and an additional anti nausea injection.

I put my little Precious Coco Bean in my jacket (this is where she LOVES to hang out while we go on outings) and we walked to the car. The whole way to the car i was smothered with Coco Kisses...absolutely SMOTHERED and i couldn't have been happier about it!

Then she gave me that look..you all know the look. The look that says "Mommy can we go home now!?"
You can see in this photo how the sided of her face are a little sunken in from the weight loss. But she is home and happy right now. Truffle and Godiva were SO happy to see her, and Coco Beans tail has not stopped wagging.

Coco Bean has two weeks of antibiotics ahead of her. I have been told to keep a super close eye on her and monitor how much she eats and drinks. This will be easy compaired to how hard the last 24 hours has been.

But i really cant thank you all for all your support. I firmly believe that it was the Power of the Paw that got Coco Bean through last night and brought her home to me.

I will update daily on coco Beans recovery.

Again, from the bottome of my heart, i really cant thank you all enough for sending me the Power of the Paw and keeping me in your prayers and thoughts. I love you all!

Tail Wiggles & Puppy Kisses,

The Mommy

16 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Grrrrreat news!

We'll keep the paws khrossed and the vibes going until Coco is all better!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Asta said...

Coco Mommi
We just saw that youw pwecious baby was so sick..it must have been heawtwenching to not have hew wif you and wowwy all night ..thank dog she is home wif you and hew family and happily getting bettew..I just know that Anti Bioticks will do the twick
Get well soon bootiful giwl!
smoochiehealing kisses
ASTA and Mommi

Unknown said...

I was so happy to read your update! I'm very glad little Coco is going to be ok! Hugs to you both!

Lacy said...

w00fs, glad she got to come home, know how worried u were...hopefully she will b good as new soon..continuing good thoughts and the power of the paw for ur baby girl..

b safe,
~rocky

Hailey said...

I am sooooo glad Coco is back home with Mommy! There is no better place in the world to ever be! I am your newest follower. Hope that when you get better we can be furiends! I will check back on you!!!

Hugs & smoochies! xoxo
Hailey

Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

Ohhh I am so pleased your angel is home with you, I know how worrying it is when they are sick and in the hospital. The power of the paw is a powerful thing !
With Love
Tea

Anonymous said...

I be so happy yor Princess is back wiv you and that yu be feeling somewhat releeved now. I be all waggy tailed and wiggles wiv joy for yu all

Rich
c

Debbie said...

how wonderful that coco is home where she can feel more comfortable. I know exactly that feeling of panic when your baby is away... will keep her in our prayers for a speedy recovery

Lorenza said...

Coco!
I am very happy to know you are at home now!
Take all your meds and you will be like new in no time!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Hello Coco! My good friend Asta told me u weren't feeling well so I wanted to stop by and send you some Lakie vibes of good health.

Stay well my friend.
Hugs from Autumn

The Animal Doctor said...

oh Princess Coco, we didnt know you got sick till just now. We are super glad that you were finally released from the animal hospital. We are sending more pawsitive thoughts for your complete recovery. We are sure your Mom gives you the best care in the world!

love,
The Animal Doctor's furry crew( Scarlet, Moymoy, Trudis, Bambi, Woody and Jappy)

Princess Patches said...

Woohoo! The Power of the Paw did it's job! We are soooo happy that Coco is home where she belongs! We will continue to keep our paws crossed so she will keep getting better!

Aire-hugs,
Penny & Patches

Fred said...

Hooray! Glad she is doing better and HOME!

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

I am coming to this late but wanted to say how glad I am to hear that Coco Bean is feeling much better! We're all here rootin' for her and keeping our fingers and paws crossed that she continues to make a full recovery!

Waggles, Chi kisses & Hugs, Chewy, Lilibell and the Mom

Anonymous said...

Fantastic News!!!!

Yippie!!!!

Coco you are HOME where you are suppose to be!

Now all is right with the world!

woo woos, Tessa

Sharon said...

Aw, I bet the reunion was so wonderful...it's so hard when our babies get sick :(

Glad she's feeling better though!!

<3 Sharon and Dobby