Thursday, December 1, 2011

My First Trip to the Beach!

Daddy came over SUPER early in the morning (5:15am) and woke me and mommy up and told us that we were going to go to the beach to watch the sun rise. Now...i had no idea what a beach was or what it meant to watch the sun rise, but i know what "ride in the car" means and i was super excited! Here are the photos of my first trip to the beach!

First, we walked...well, i didn't walk...mommy walked while i hitched a ride in her jacket.there were so many new sounds...waves softly crashing on the sand, birds chirping and singing...even a hawk kept flying by making hawk noises. mommy wouldn't put me down because daddy said that the hawk probably thought i was food!

When we got to another section of the beach, this is the beautiful sight we got to see...And then the sun started to come out from behind the mountains...I met a red bone coon hound who was super friendly and sweet like my cousin Abbie and was very gentle with me. mommy said that he felt like velvet. since the other dogs at the beach were on leashes and all seemed very friendly (and the hawk was not around anymore) mommy decided to let me experience sand for the first time...Mommy thought that when i felt sand under my feet for the first time i might get a little weirded-out (like when i walked on grass for the first time) but i didn't. instead i let my schnoozle to the leading for me! my schnoozle went right for the sand and i kept following all the smells - boy-oh-boy were there TONS of smells and it was SO much fun! i even managed to get sand on the top of my head! (mommy has no idea how i managed this). i found a shell and licked it...take my word for it when i tell you it smells better than it tastes.

after about 20 minutes, mommy saw something right when she took this you see what my mommy saw??? I started limping and favoring my left hind leg...the one i had knee surgery on back in March. So mommy put me back in her jacket. I was ok with it because it was a long way back to the car and mommy's knees are much better than mine and hanging out in her jacket was the best seat in the house! (Note from mom: tried to upload the pix of Coco Bean in my jacket but they were coming out upside down when blogger uploaded them).

by the time we got back to the car, i was super tired...(the photos are coming out upside down again so until i have a fix for this, you'll have to imagine Coco Bean fast asleep on my lap).

then we went to down town Half Moon Bay and had brunch at a fur-kid friendly cafe. by the time i got home i didn't want anything to do with my sisters because i was so tired! This is my "leave me alone or I'm going to yip at you!" facei curled up with mommy and went back to sleep...I didn't want to cuddle with anyone but my mommy so instead of upsetting me, Truffle curled up close by to me instead...
I hope you enjoyed reading about my first trip to the beach and looking at my photos!

Tail Wiggles & Puppy Kisses,

Coco The Princess


Nola said...

Aw looks like fun Coco! I remember my first beach trip, I was 4 months old and loved it! Beautiful pictures!
Kisses and tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

Anonymous said...

Oh what a pawsomely wonderful time! All the walkies and jacket rides.

The pis of the sun rise are just beautiful too!

I have never been to the beach. It is almost 3 hours away on winding mountain roads. But if I could fly it would only be 80 miles! But I can't fly.

Maybe next year Mom will take me to the beach just like your CocoBean!

woos, Tessa

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Hi Coco! That trip to the beach really tired you out. I looove the beach myself. Hope your leggie is ok!