Friday, November 7, 2008

What a night...

I kept my mommy up all night and gosh is she tired (and a little cranky). Last night everything started off normal (kind of). Mommy came home from work and started cooking dinner and introduced me to a new food called "Organix" because she said that my "Science Diet" was not good for me. At first I was sad because I was really looking forward to trying some of this "Blue Buffalo" that she kept talking about. But the pet stores out here just started carrying the Blue Buffalo and are only carrying it for cats... Bummer!

So I tried the Organix and it was REALLY GOOD! So, while mommy was cooking I did my usual running around her feet and bringing her all of my toys one by one. And then I got quiet, and I didn’t want to play anymore, and all I wanted to do was to be held. I didn’t even want to give puppy kisses; I just wanted to stay curled up in my little ball on mommy’s lap and look pathetic. Mommy of course was a little worried about me but figured that I had just tired myself out playing so much.

Then 11 o’clock rolled around and mommy woke up to me making a really weird sound. So she and daddy turned on the light really quickly and looked into my crate, but couldn’t find me because I had buried myself under all of the blankets. By the time mommy finally found me (underneath all of my fuzzy blankets), I had gotten sick :(

Mommy took me out of the crate and cleaned me up, started a load of laundry, and gave me fresh new blankies. I really wasn’t feeling well and while mommy was holding me while she was cleaning me up and putting fresh blankies in my crate, my tummy growled and grumbled at her the whole time.
So mommy took me to go potty and then put me back in my crate only to be woken up again about an hour later by me screaming and crying in my sleep. I was having really bad dreams and I kept yelping and crying, so mommy took me out and held me until I calmed down and then put me back to sleep in my crate so that I could wake her up again yelping from more bad dreams. Mommy finally gave up and just slept on the floor with me for the rest of the night because then she wouldn’t have to get out of bed to come rescue me from my bad dreams because I was already in her arms.

This morning, I was still moving a little slower than normal and daddy was really worried because I usually wiggle my butt as soon as he gets out of bed. But not today; today I just lay there, with my sad face on and my ears droopy. Daddy took me to go potty, and I puddled but then gave him my sad face so that he would pick me up and cuddle me. My mommy and I wonder what happened to me…but she said something about buying me canned pumpkin for my tummy. I hope it works.

Phew, What a night!

Coco – The Princess


Maggie said...

Oh coco!
i am very sad to hear that you are very sick...
i will give u a huge and warm hug to light up your day :)

get well soon princess
please update us

Lorenza said...

Hi, Coco!
I am so sorry you were sick!
Do you think it was the change of your food??
Paws crossed you are doing well now!
Kisses and hugs

Ruby said...

Hi Coco
I'm sorry that your tummy hurts. Mommy has spent many a night taking care of me like that to. It makes me feel safe to know that mom is there when I need her. I've had canned pumpkin before, its good & it works. Mom keeps it fozen in small bags in the freezer.
I just started a new food called Evo Small Bites. It's a grain free food. I like it.
Hope your better soon.
Love Ruby

Isis said...

why is your science diet not good for you? Sister's cats eat Science Diet all the time. And most vets highly recommend it. What happened with it?

You were sick all night? Sounds like a trip to the vet to me!

And sure you can add me to your friends list, i'll sure add you to mine!